If your domain already has email addresses, please be careful changing MX records. To avoid disruption in email service, be sure to create the same set of user accounts with the control panel before changing your MX records Learn more
If you’re not ready to change your MX records yet, use the temporary email address (<username>@<domainname>.test-google-a.com) assigned to your user accounts when you create them. The temporary email address will be deactivated once you change the MX records. You must also verify domain ownership before using any Google Apps.
- Log in to your account at http://www.DownDoggy.com.
- Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You’ll be directed to the Manage Domains page.
- Click the domain that you’d like to use with Google Apps. (if you don’t have a domain yet, register your domain at http://downdoggy.com/domains.)
- From the Domain Details panel along the right, select the + icon under the Total DNS Control list item. A sub-list will appear.
- Click the entry titled Total DNS Control And MX Records. The Manage MX Records, and DNS Zone File panel will appear.
- Click Launch Total DNS Control Manager. The DNS Manager window will appear.
- Clear all existing MX Records by clicking Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialogue box.
- Once you’ve deleted all existing records, click Add New MX Record. The MX (Mail Exchangers) Record Wizard will appear.
- For each MX Record, enter information according to the data in the table below:
* For the Select the Priority Value drop-down menu, enter the priority value.
* For Enter a Host Name, leave the default setting to @.
* For Enter Goes To Address enter the Google server name in the table below. Be sure to include the trailing dot at the end of each record.
* For the Select TTL Value drop-down menu, enter 1 Week. This will appear as 604800 seconds within the DNS system.
PriorityValue HostName Goes To Address (Mail Server) TTL Value 10 @ ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 1 week 20 @ ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 week 30 @ ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1 week 40 @ ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 1 week 50 @ ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 1 week
- Click Continue.
- Click Add to confirm each entry. The DNS Manager main page will reappear when you’ve finished.
* The Google Logo & Google App Logo, is trademark of Google, Inc. and is in no way affiliated with DownDoggy.com or In Support.