Owning your own domain name might be a great thing if you want to create some extra exposure to your Etsy store, but you might be neglecting some of the other values that come with owning your own domain. Here are the 10 easy ways to use your domain in no particular order.
Besides just forwarding a domain to your etsy store, you can…
1. Create an email address – This is especially important if you plan to communicate through email. Your email address gives your domain name extra exposure anytime you send an email. From a customer order to a casual corespondence about weekend dinner plans. Down Doggy includes a free 1 gig email with purchase of your domain.
2. Create a store blog – With your domain you can do something like http://twitter.downdoggy.com and forward to your WordPress, Blogger, Twitter or Tumblr account. Gone are the days when everything stars with www. This is also free with Down Doggy when you buy a domain. Creating a subdomain with a cname record does require a little more setup time, but it’s well worth it in the end! How to forward your subdomain.
3. Forward to Online Photo Gallery – Want to show off your custom work? It doesn’t always make sense to display everything in your Etsy shop, especially if it’s custom. That’s why forwarding your subdomain like http://flickr.downdoggy.com to your Flickr gallery can be a very powerful tool. How to forward your subdomain.
4. Facebook FanPage – Are you a social networking guru or at least trying it out? You might want to consider forwarding a subdomain to your fan page using facebook. Something like http:// fanpage. mydomain. com How to forward your subdomain.
5. Business cards – You’ll never know who you will meet next. That’s why carrying a business card with your name, your email, and your DownDoggy.com domain to your etsy store is win win. Get 250 business cards printed free.
6. Build a website – Instead of sending traffic directly to your Etsy store, create a free landing page that delivers people to your featured content, your photo gallery, blog and of course, your etsy store. You can customize your store the way you want it to look. Some HTML knowledge required. And DownDoggy also provides you with a free ad-supported web hosting package with purchase of your domain name.
7. Forward emails – Sometimes giving the impression you’re running a first class operation will give your customers the confidence and trust you need for a repeat sale. That’s why you can setup email forwarding from an email like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to your inbox will give your customers the confidence their money is in good hands. When you setup email forwarding with your DownDoggy.com domain you can use your email as any normal email.